Friday, October 25, 2013

The Harvester of Souls and Relaxation

Today is the eve of The Harvester of Souls.  This is one of two annual Grand Tournaments in my area, and I am slightly anxious but also relaxed.  The sister GT of The Harvester is The Storm of Silence, which happens in the spring each year, and is way more competitive than The Harvester.

Scores for The Harvester are split evenly as 1/3 for Appearance, 1/3 for Battle Points, and 1/3 Sportsmanship.  There are also random prize drawings and a Player's Favorite army award.  That's the award I want to secure this year.  So I'm anxiously gearing up for this challenge.

The relaxation comes from the fact that the Khuster's Cav project is now finished.  I've had this project on the table for almost a full year now.  It would have been a full year as of 11/3/13.  But I came in under that, when I put the final touches on the army as of Monday, 10/21/13.

In looking back, I've spent a ton of time, money, and energy on this project.  I was originally going to sell it, but after a few exciting days of seeing the bikes come together, I've fallen in love with the army, and look forward to it sitting in my game room, reminding me why I continue in this hobby.

I head out for the Harvester at 5:30am tomorrow, to help set up tables and terrain, and the dice roll at 9am sharp.  We wrap up the games at about 5:00pm on Sunday, and when the event is done, I look forward to some much deserved chinese food and working casually on some terrain for a bit.

Now I'm off to do some last minute details (lists, packing, notes, etc) to get ready.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment