Monday, November 18, 2013

A Helping Hand

So now that I'm back up to a level of health that I can devote some time to the hobby, I'm looking forward to a couple of different items coming up.

First, I've thrown my hat into the ring to help with a local charity fundraiser, where a group of us 40k players have decided to build and sell an Eldar army to raise money for cancer research.  Having a very apparent lack of painting skills, I've joined the build team, and over the next few weeks, I will be building a Wraithlord, a unit of Wraithguard, and a Wave Serpent.  I've never built any Eldar before, so this should be a fun project.  I'll be posting pics as I go.

Second, I've decided to challenge myself by learning how to sculpt with Greenstuff, and at the same time, learn how to paint better than I can now.  So I'm doing a new army called "The Damned Army", a Space Marine list themed after the Legion of the Damned.  The biggest difference is that ALL of the models will be featuring sculpted flame.  Shoulder pads, feat, essentially the same as the iconography of the current Legion models, except with real flame instead of just symbols.  Also, because I hate painting Marine Heads in detail, each of the Marines will have a skull suspended in flames.  I have none of the models in my collection yet, and the list is very spendy, so I'm shooting for having this army finished in time for The Harvester in October 2014.  I'll be posting pics as this project continues.

Lastly, I had another 1850 battle on Sunday night against my buddy D and his Tau army.  His dice were hot, and even with a modified list of SM Bikers and allied Sisters, he kicked my butt thoroughly.  We actually ended the game at the top of turn 2 due to time contraints, but with two full turns from me, I only managed to kill 2 of his units, but his one full turn removed 3 whole bike squads from the table.  Not a good night, but still fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment