Friday, June 20, 2014

New Models!

I apologize for missing the other posts this week, for some reason the blogger.com app on my phone misbehaved, and didn't post my musings.

But no worries, there wasn't much to post anyways.

Here's the latest.

I did a size comparison with my buddy Dave's Broadsides (he's a great painter) and here's what it looks like compared to my landspeeder/lego model:


I have about an inch to shave off of the model to make it work, and I think it's doable.

On Wednesday, my riptide stand in model arrived:



For those of you who grew up in my era, you'll recognize this as Tex Rex's speeder/walker from the cartoon Bravestarr.  Obviously, an action figure of the character Thirty-Thirty would have been my first choice, but alas, none was ever produced.

Upon arrival, there were two issues with this model.  First, it's a hell of a lot taller than I wanted it to be.  Honestly, it'll do just fine for a substitute for an Imperial Knight, but it's too tall for a riptide.  So I have to figure out how to reduce the size by a lot, without destroying the model or any part of it, since I could easily use it as an Imperial Knight.

Still, the skull feature is what I want to keep.  I know I can do this to fit in as a riptide.  I just have to be smart about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment