Monday, April 25, 2016

The Storm of Silence 4

Well, here I sit repairing one of only two broken models from this year's event.  As a local player, I try to make a showing at the events nearby, and I almost exclusively shop at the Gamer's Haven to support what they bring to our gaming community.

I'm going to start with Khuster's Cav.  Last post I mentioned my Libbie's, and I kept them in the mix.  I also added a Knight Warden to give me some firepower and a target everyone wants to shoot at.

White Scars CAD -
HQ Khuster's (Khan) on Moondrakkan
EL Command Squad on bikes, Apothecary, Storm Shields, Gravguns, Meltabombs
TR Bike Sqaud of 6(x4), Meltagun, Gravgun, Meltabombs
Librarius Conclave - White Scars
Librarian ML 2(x3), bikes, Force Axes, Meltabombs, The Hunters Eye

Oathsworn Detachment -
Imperial Knight Warden, TL Icarus Autocannon, Thunderstorms Gauntlet


Going into the Storm I had two goals - win a single game, and throw something with the Gauntlet.

I'll post lists later, right now I'll just put up my thoughts and results from each game.

Game 1 was against Necrons.
I was tabled in turn 4.  0 points awarded
My dice really let me down.  I couldn't make a save or land a wound for trying.  The opponent had a good list, with two Pylons and a Void Shield Generator.  Tough nuts to crack all around.

Game 2 was against Space Marines
I tabled him in Turn 6.  1011 points awarded.
This was a tough list.  Triple Landraiders with Iron Hands.  My Knight did its job, and hurled two of the three, and glanced the last one to death.  I played very well tactically, and would have won even without tabling him.  Best opponent of the tourney.

Game 3 was against a Riptide Wing with Shadowsun and Crisis Suits.
I was tabled in turn 5.  0 points awarded.
This game should have been mine in turn two.  But I lost my Force power in a Perils of the Warp roll, and had to peel the wounds off those Riptides one at a time.  That cost me too much time, and with the amount of fire being laid out, it was only a matter of time until I was wiped from the board.

Game 4 was against Tyranids
I lost, but managed to get a few points.  3 points awarded.
Rachel is a player I've gone against in every tourney we've been in.  She always stomps me into the ground, but this was a very close game.  My Knight also held his own against two Flyrants for 4 turns (which we ended on due to the time limit).  No mistakes in this game, she just had better rolls, and that's saying something considering my dice were hot again!

Game 5 was against a vehicle heavy Chaos Marine army.
I lost again, but grabbed a couple bonus points.  2 points awarded.
Another two hurls as well, a Mauler Fiends and his Helldrake!  This was another close game, and my Knight (with 1 HP left) kept my army on the table, earning him a name!

All in all I ended up with 1016 points, both goals accomplished, and a decent appearance score too.  I placed 52nd of 58.  That's about par for me.  I'm tired and happy!

There are some things I want to do in the next 6 months with KC.  First, Rachel helped me name the different squads in my army.

Let me explain.

I painted the bases different colors to help my opponents see units better in a sea of bikes.  Red, blue, Green, and Black for the bike squads.  White for libbies, steel for the command squad, and gold for Khuster.

So we've come up with the following squad names:
Green - Goblin Squad
Black - Shadow Squad
Red - Demon Squad
Blue - Kraken Squad
White - Angel Squad
Steel - Brotherhood of Steel

She also suggested each Sergeant fly a banner with squad colors and a symbol.  So that's one of the tasks I'm going to tackle.

Second is just to remove the squad markers from 2012, since the bases are doing that anyway.

Lastly is to get some micropens and do some better details on my models, as well as some freehand practice so I can mock up my Knight better.

Oh, and I guess the Knight is also another project.

Lists I faced up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment