Thursday, December 11, 2014

Head in a Bucket!

Well, I have been working on other projects around the house, mostly D&D 5th edition related, but it's time for me to dive back into 40k, and prep for the upcoming Storm of Silence.

For those who don't wish to be bothered reading my earlier posts, the Storm is the sister tourney to the Harvester of Souls.  The Storm happens in Spring, the Harvester happens in Fall.  I skipped out last year, as my scheudle would not allow me to compete.

In the past, the Storm has always been more competitive than the Harvester, but I still show up with themed lists and play anyways.  It's what I do.  I would like to get a trophy one day, but for now, I'll settle with the only award I've won in those two tourneys, and that is the "Best Dark Angels General" from the Storm in 2013.  Admittedly, I was the only Dark Angels player there, but hey, it's still a good award!

In the past, I've only ever won a single game in each tournament, and those are always the first games on the second day of the event.  But this year, I am planning something much different.

You see, in the past, when I first started playing, I played Grey Knights.  I had no experience with the army, and for nearly a year, I lost every battle I ever played.  But I learned.  And while some laughed at the horrible lists I made (they really were, looking back on them), what they couldn't laugh about was how much better I was at each game everytime I played.  Yeah, it took almost a year, but my friends stopped winning.  They started tying every game, and what was scary to them was just how close I got to winning each time.

I ended up moving away from Grey Knights during 6th edition, and that's when I came up with the Khuster's Cav idea.  You can read the blog posts about it's evolution, but to some up, what started as a fun idea is slowly turning into a competitive army.

Right now I am in the middle of fine tuning my lists, and when I finish with that aspect, I expect to win more than just one game at the Storm this year.  Do I expect an all out victory?  No, but I can always hope.

So for now, I'm going to stick my head in a bucket and bob for bitz while I figure out my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment