Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Escalation League #1

So one of the new things I'm trying this year is a local Escalation League.

Today is the deadline to have 750 points or a Battleforce box finished.  That means assembled, painted in at least 3 colors, and based beyond just painting the base. 

I finished the BF box of Necrons last night.  Barely.

What I'm turning in today is a long awaited project I call my "Blue Steel Necrons".  I started it a year or so ago, and was working diligently on completing a 1500 point necron army.  However, one of our local gamers had his entire army of Necrons stolen, and myself, along with many others, pitched in and donated/swapped parts of our army to help him get back on his feet.  What models that didn't go to him went to help my Sunday Night 40k buddies complete their armies.  I had a Grey Knight army to fall back on, so I just went back to that and shelved the idea of running a necron army until I felt up to it again.

And the Escalation League is what got me back into it.  We're doing an additional 250 points a month starting today, and by the next deadline, I not only have to have the full 1000 points (because the Battleforce isn't even close to that) but it also has to work with the Force Org charts.

So here's what I have done, and some decent-ish pics to go with it.  I'm looking forward to making the HQ and Royal Court next month.  But for now, enjoy the product of an amateur painter!





And now I head back to my Khuster's 777th Cav army, in hopes to get it ready for the Feast of Blades Qualifier at the end of the month...so little time, so much modelling...

No comments:

Post a Comment