Friday, July 26, 2013

Feast of Blades Qualifer Prep

Just as the title says, I'm preparing for our local FoB Qual tonight.  Khuster's Cav is almost ready to go, but not quite.  My Black Knights in the Command Squad need more painting, and one whole Ravenwing Squad needs bikers and more paint as well.

I did a base coat on the parts needing paint last night, and then again this morning.  So once I get home from work, it should be pretty easy to get them to the three color standard.  I won't win a ton of points for appearance, but that's okay, since the mission packet says I just have to win the most games.

So assuming nothing goes wrong, I should be able to bring the full force of Khuster's Cav to bear at this event.  Now, in the past, an 1850 list would see me bringing out squads of Landspeeders and a few Predators, but thanks to Rob over at http://idicbeer.blogspot.com/ I have a new list I am trying out.  (You can see the list and recommendations he made here.)

Now, most of the advice Rob gave I'm going to use.  I added in the apothecary to the Command Squad, but I don't own a Darkshroud, so I had to modify the list a bit.  (I might get a Darkshroud for my birthday coming up, so I'm going to wait until after that before I see if I need to get one.)  I know it's probably not the smartest move, but here's what I'm bringing to the table tomorrow:

Khuster (Sammael on jet bike)
Ravenwing Command Squad (+2 bikes, Apothecary upgrade, Standard of Devistation, 1 Grenade Launcher)
Ravenwing 1 (+3 bikes, Meltagun, Plasma Gun, Attack Bike w/Multimelta)
Ravenwing 2 (+3 bikes, Meltagun, Plasma Gun, Attack Bike w/Multimelta)
Ravenwing 3 (+3 bikes, Meltagun, Plasma Gun, Attack Bike w/Multimelta)
Ravenwing 4 (+3 bikes, Meltagun, Plasma Gun, Attack Bike w/Multimelta)
Ravenwing 5 (+3 bikes, Meltagun, Plasma Gun, Attack Bike w/Multimelta)
Scouts (+4 Scouts, Sniper rifles, 7 Camo Cloaks, Missile Launcher w/ Flakk)

That's just under the 1850 for the Qualifier.  I don't have the Aegis Defence Line or Quad gun, so I do have some weakness against flyers, but I'm confident I can survive using the tactics on assaults I've picked up.

I'm expecting to face a lot of Eldar, Tau, and Necrons, as that's what seem prevalent in our scene.  Maybe the influx of out of town players will bring in some variety.

And in case I can't get everything painted in time, I have a small Necron ally force I can throw in at the last minute, and they are fully painted.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment