Thursday, July 11, 2013

Secret Weapon or just Expensive Toy?

So, I'm not sure if anyone has heard about Rustoleum's NeverWet product.  You should check out the page below if you aren't familiar with it.

http://www.core77.com/blog/materials/never_say_neverwet_multi-purpose_waterproof_coating_available_now_might_be_too_good_to_be_true_25190.asp

Even after reading this, I still have an idea that might make the product marketable...40k.

I'm nowhere near the level of painter I want to be, mostly because my hands are not as steady as they used to be, and also because I don't paint much or often between projects.  BUT, what if I had a bit of help? 

Let's say I want to just paint a section of a model one color, but that section doesn't have the best angles or access.  For example, the inner thighs of a Space Marine...(did I really just type that?  Creepy!)...but I don't want to mess up the codpiece area.  I just simply tape where I want to paint, coat the rest, and paint away, knowing that any excess paint will just pool up and not stick.

The bonus?  It comes off with a little friction or running water!

I have to try this!

No comments:

Post a Comment